Regional cross sectoral cooperation on lifelong guidance
13th – 14th June 2016 – Haarlem (NL)
The Ministry of Education, Culture and Science organised in cooperation with Euroguidance Netherlands the 6th European conference on lifelong guidance policy, as indicated in the last ELGPN network meeting in Finland. We all expressed the relevance of continuity of our work on lifelong guidance and to exchange our policies and experiences.
The overall theme of the conference was regional cross sectoral cooperation on lifelong guidance. As well regional cooperation between school sectors, between education and Public Employment Services or other guidance related services, between education and labour market as a combination of all of these.
* Conference summary and conclusions, by Deirdre Hughes and
Monday June 13th 2016
- Welcome by Bas Derks, deputy director VET of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and the chairman of the conference Deirdre Hughes.
- Presentation Dutch guidance context by Thea van den Boom, Ministry of Education, Culture and Science.
- Presentation and discussion on Levels and mechanisms of co-operation and co-ordination in lifelong guidance, by Raimo Vuorinen, Finnish Institute for Educational Research.
- Presentation and discussion on Policy on youth unemployment in relation to Career Guidance, by Lodewijk Berkhout, Department of Social Affairs and Employment, and Bram van der Kroon, Ministry of Education, Culture and Science.
- Career Guidance in Rotterdam South, by Frank Schutte (NL)
- Regional Guidance Centers, by Mika Launikari, Ari-Pekka Leminen (FI) | background information
- IBOBB-Caf’e Graz – an urban strategic and operative service approach, by Peter Härtel (AT) | background information
- The Regional Guidance Center in Copenhagen, by Torben Faarup Theilgaard (DK)
- BRIDGE Project – guidance for lower skilled adults, by Jugatx Ortiz, Rolf Ackermann, Michel Lefrance | background information
- Walking tour
- Dinner buffet
- Dance entertainment by students Nova College.
Tuesday June 14th 2016
- Interview by Deirdre Hughes with Pedro Moreno da Fonseca, expert of Cedefop (department for learning and employability), on the theme Labour Market Information in relation to guidance.
- Presentation and discussion by Marianne Zoetmulder, programme manager of PES in The Netherlands. Facilitating the regional learning & working service center.
- Presentation by William O’Keeffe, Policy officer European Commission, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion. Update on Skills Agenda.
- Spotlight on VET the Netherlands
- European Center for Evidenced-based Mentoring
- Testing times- careers market policies and practices in UK and NL
- LMI in lifelong guidance-keymessages Cedefop Study
- Cross Border Seminars, initiative of Euroguidance centers of AU, CZ, SK
- A graphic overview of the Austrian Education System
- Learning-in-Austria: to find learning opportunities across three databases
- Guidance in Education: the educational guidance system in Denmark
- Estonian Lifelong Guidance in a Nutshell
- ELGPN Tools & concept Notes
- Europass documents
- Career compass
- Background information
- Programme brochure
- Participants list
- Slideshow photos